WELCOME TO WONDERFUL WOMEN!

WONDERFUL WOMEN ARE ADMIRED, TRUSTED, AND RESPECTED. WE CAN INSPIRE, LOVE, EDUCATE, AND MOTIVATE, BUT IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY. WONDERFUL WOMEN IS A PLACE WHERE WOMEN CAN COME TO EXPLORE, EXPRESS, AND DISCOVER NEW WAYS TO DEAL WITH THOSE EVERYDAY STRUGGLES THAT MAY HOLD SOME OF US BACK FROM BECOMING THAT "WONDERFUL WOMEN" WE ALL STRIVE TO BE.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Unconditional Love.....We All Want It!

Yeah, we all want it, but do we really know what it means to love unconditionally?  Seriously, we wanna be in love, we wanna be loved,we long for love and will go to great lengths to have it in our lives,  but most of us don't even know where to begin.  Unconditional love is not the feeling we get from being entertained or making people do what we want.  It doesn’t go away when circumstances are difficult. It survives and even grows during hardship and struggle.  True story, I was at the market today and I overheard a young lady on her cell phone telling someone that she was finally ready for love.  "I know exactly what I want now", she said.  "I know the kind of person I want to be in love with and what qualities he should have. I just gotta find him"!  "Good luck", I said to myself!  You can't hold on to a "wish list", it does no good .  In fact, it ultimately prevents us from experiencing the unconditional love we seek. So get rid of any notions you might hold about how love should be. Allow love to show up on its own terms, in its own way. Holding someone to a roster of expectations will only lead to a broken heart or nothing at all cause that person you made up on your "wish list" doesn't exist.  We've all heard the saying, real love is hard to find, true, but it is even harder when you think you know what real love is or what you expect it to be. Real Love is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what we might get for ourselves. It’s also when other people care about our happiness unconditionally. With Real Love, people are not disappointed or angry when we make our foolish mistakes, when we don’t do what they want, or even when we inconvenience them personally. Real Love is unconditional.  With Real Love, nothing else matters; without it, nothing else is enough. Sadly, few of us have yet to receive or give unconditional love.  We have to start letting go.  Letting go of perceptions and letting go of love that's not real love.  We as women hold on to what I call,  "wanna be love" for so long, when the real thing comes along, we're blinded.  We have to stop staying in these dead end, drama filled, disrespectful, untrustworthy relationships.  You know when its over, so stop being blind when you have 20/20 vision.  For the women who think they know what they want from a man and how he should show his love to her, I say to you, “Let go of love as you want it, so finally, you can take hold of love as it is.”  To me, this is what unconditional love really means—to release it from your expectations so it can surprise and delight us again and again. Once you free yourself of all the "shoulds" and all these certain conditions, then, and only then, will we experience the love we have been longing for forever.  For me, love wasn't hard to find because I had no expectations, no "shoulds", or "wish lists".  My husband came into my life without warning, he completely sweep me off my feet and I was and still am able to enjoy the ride of unconditional love!  Thank you for loving me unconditionally.  Ladies, rid yourselves of all the conditions, expectations, "wish lists" & "he shoulds" that we all are guilty of having at some point in our life's.  Be ready for that unconditional love and make sure you give it back in return.  Let it go Wonderful Woman!!

No comments: