WELCOME TO WONDERFUL WOMEN!

WONDERFUL WOMEN ARE ADMIRED, TRUSTED, AND RESPECTED. WE CAN INSPIRE, LOVE, EDUCATE, AND MOTIVATE, BUT IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY. WONDERFUL WOMEN IS A PLACE WHERE WOMEN CAN COME TO EXPLORE, EXPRESS, AND DISCOVER NEW WAYS TO DEAL WITH THOSE EVERYDAY STRUGGLES THAT MAY HOLD SOME OF US BACK FROM BECOMING THAT "WONDERFUL WOMEN" WE ALL STRIVE TO BE.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Confidence or Cockiness?

A confident woman can be spotted the minute she walks in a room.  She shows her personal power and her self-respect.  "Pretty" or not, that's irrelevant, because she knows she is.  All women are beautiful in they're own right.  A confident woman is proud of who she is and where she came from.  She has the courage to stand up for what she believes in.  As Wonderful Women, we need confidence with where we are in our life, careers, relationships, body-wise, and health-wise.  If you don't love and accept yourself right here, right now it doesn't matter what beauty tip you apply; you will always be missing something.   And that's confidence, but remember confidence is a powerful trait.  We sometimes become so confident that it turns into cockiness.  We all know that cocky woman or maybe that woman is you.  The person who knows everything, the person whose always right about any and everything, and the person who never asks for help.  I think that we should be comfortable with the fact that you can never know everything there is to know.  We should strive to learn more while realizing that we won't ever know everything.   Sometimes we believe that admitting we're wrong can somehow chip away at our level of confidence, but the truth is;  being clear about what you know and what you don't know can be liberating and it's usually appreciated by others.  When we become cocky rather than confident, it becomes so hard for us to ask for help. 
I think the number one reason why people don’t ask for help is fear.   Fear that people will judge them for asking for help, fear that asking for help is a sign of weakness and/or a sense of giving up control.  It's OK to be confident but there is a thin line between being confident and being cocky.  No one likes a know it all or someone who doesn't listen because they believe they have nothing to learn.  Confidence requires focusing on what you're good at, admit your weaknesses and let yourself be yourself in each situation.  Be honest, be humble, be sincere, be wrong, and don't be afraid to ask for help, its not a sign of weakness but a sign of maturity and wisdom.  Wonderful Women let's stay focused and transform our cockiness into confidence by trusting our own decisions and instincts.  Let's go Wonderful Woman......confidence is sexy!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe I am a confident woman. Confidence comes from within,its more than an attitude, its a feeling. I dont feel superior to others but I will not allow others to make me feel inferior, No, I am not the perfect size or have the best things, or a model face; but im good! LOL... I'm proud of what I am, what I've accomplished and what I look like. It's not my attitude, it's my feeling. My secret!!! I am not cocky.
Cockiness is someone who believes they are better than other people; and I know many of those types. They have to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel good. They criticize and make sarcastic remarks about others. I know this is about women, but men do it also. They have low self esteem, they might look like they have it all together but they dont. I know i dont have it all together, but I am comfortable with what I have: I've learned not to complain unless I can make changes. I love myself, if no one else does. When asked how are you? I used to say, I'm ok, but now I say I'm good. I am good, my family is good, my friends are good. i surround myself with positive people and I can't dwell on the negative. I feel confident and secure with myself, I know what I can do and I am willing to try what I might not be able to do. Once Im gone, its over! I have been told that I walk into a room like I have a million dollars in my pocket, LOL, ok I dont know any way else to walk. I have what I need and I am getting what I want. I dont put others down, I've been there. I am still that person, I can relate. I am humble with what God has blessed me with. So, I dont believe I am cocky... I'm confident!
~~~Ms Gina